We haven’t heard ,much from Motorola (now a Lenovo company), since the brand left the Philippine smartphone market a few years ago. The company focused its efforts to the markets which they remain strong such as North America, Latin America and Africa. For years, Motorola has positioned itself as a midrange and entry level smartphone maker with its Moto G-series. For the first time in years, Motorola has finally launched its first flagship, 5G-ready smartphone, the Motorola Edge+.
The Motorola Edge+ has all the flagship specs you need for 2020 such as Snapdragon 865, large 6.7-inch display, quad cameras and large battery. The 6.7-inch AMOLED display has 90Hz refresh rate. Quad rear cameras are quite impressive on paper – a 108MP main camera, an 8MP telephoto lens, a 16MP ultrawideand a TOF sensor. It supports 5G, has a large 5,000 mAh battery and running Android 10.
Motorola Edge+ specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor
- Adreno 650 graphics
- 12GB RAM
- 256GB internal memory, UFS 3.0
- 6.7-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1080 x 2340 pixels) 90Hz refresh rate
- Rear Cameras
- 108 MP, f/1.8, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 3x optical zoom, PDAF, OIS
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
- TOF 3D, (depth)
- 25MP f/2.0 front facing camera
- 5G, 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint Scanner *under display, optical)
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- 5,000 mAh battery with 15W fast wired and wireless charging
- Android 10
The Motorola Edge+ will be available via US carrier Verizon on May 14 for $999. The global version will be available sometime in May for 1,100 Euros. The company also announced another phone, the Motorola Edge which runs on Snapdragon 765G, a triple rear camera system, same 6.7-inch display with 90Hz refresh rate, 4,500 mAh battery and running Android 10.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: