With the Enhanced Community Quarantine prevailing over Luzon, one of the restrictions implemented by the government is the suspension of public transportation. This included the ride hailing app Angkas. To help its partner riders who lost their jobs due to the quarantine, Angkas launched its food delivery service.
How it works?
Well, first of all you don’t need to use the app to order. How it works is quite different from the usual app delivery service.
- Call the restaurant. Contact the restaurant from Angkas list of partner restaurants (to see the list, click here) then place your order. An Angkas rider will deliver it you.
- Pay the restaurant for the order. Use cashless if possible.
- Leave your contact details with the restaurant.
- Meet the rider upon arrival
- Pay for the order (if Cash on Delivery), delivery fee, parking fee if applicable.
Delivery is at Php 60 for 3 kms and additional Php 10 per km to 5km. 100% of the delivery fee goes to the driver and the company does not earn from its delivery service. Angkas also strongly reminds its patrons and riders to observe social distancing during delivery of orders.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: