Last year, Huawei announced the Mate X, its first foldable phone, but after the fuasco Samsung had with their own foldable, Huawei decided to not to release the Mate X to the market. This year, Huawei announced the Huawei Mate Xs.
This foldable phone has better hardware compared to the first one. The company strengthen the hinge and the OLED foldable display. When folded, you have a 6.6-inch display and an 8-inch display when unfolded. The phone is powered by Kirin 990 chipset with support for 5G. It has four rear cameras – 40MP main lens, 8MP telephoto, 16MP ultrawide and a TOF sensor. You can also use the rear camera as you selfie camera by using the the other side of the folded screen to take selfies. The phone is running Android 10 with EMUI 10.
Huawei Mate Xs specs:
- Octa Core HiSilicon Kirin 990 processor
- Mali G76 MP16 graphics
- 8GB RAM
- 512GB internal memory expandable via nano memory card
- 8-inch OLED display (2200 x 2480 pixels)
- 6.6-inch folded OLED display (1148 x 2480 pixels)
- Rear Cameras
- 40 MP, f/1.8, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto)
- 16 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- TOF 3D, (depth)
- 5G, 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint scanner (side mounted)
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- 4,500 mAh battery with 55W fast charge
- Android 10 with EMUI 10
The Huawei Mate Xs is priced €2,499 and will be available next month.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: