Also part of Samsung’s Unpacked event yesterday was the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is the company’s second folding smartphone after last year’s Galaxy Fold. Compared to the Fold, the Z Flip is more like a phone and has a more compact design. It folds similar to the Moto Razr announced last December. The phone is powered by a Snapdragon 855+ chipset with 8GB RAM and 256GB of storage. When folded there is a 1.1-inch AMOLED display which shows time and notifications. On the camera department, there are two 12MP rear cameras and a 10MP selfie camera. It has a 3,300 mAh battery which suppports fast and wireless charging. Lastly, it runs Android 10 with Samsung One UI on top.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor
- Andreno 640 graphics
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB internal storage, UFS 3.0
- 6.7-inch Full HD foldable Dynamic AMOLED display (2636 x 1080 pixels)
- 1.1- inch Dynamic AMOLED cover display (112 x 300 pixels)
- Rear Cameras
- 12MP f/1.8 Dual Pixel PDAF
- 12MP f/.2 Ultrawide
- 10MP f/2.4 front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint Scanner (side mounted)
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- 3.300 mAh battery with 15W fast charge and wireless charging support
- Android 10 with One UI 2.0
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is priced at Php 79,990. it will be available in stores on February 21. Please do note that it will be available in limited quantities.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: