After releasing series of teasers, Vivo has announced the Vivo NEX 3 flagship smartphone.
The main highlights of the NEX 3 are the chipset and the “waterfall” display. This means you get a curved AMOLED display. Also, this phone is powered by the Snapdragon 855+ which is an overclocked version of the regular Snapdragon 855. This chipset is tuned for gaming.
Vivo also ditched all physical button on the NEX 3 5G. They replaced it with what they call Touch Sense which gives you the feel that there are buttons on the sides. Other specs include a 6.89-inch Super AMOLED display, a 16MP motorized pop up camera and a triple rear camera – a 64MP main lens, 13MP ultrawide and 13MP telephoto. Lastly, there is a 4,500 mAh battery and running Android 9.0 Pie.
Vivo NEX 3 5G specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ processor
- Adreno 640 graphics
- 8GB RAM/256GB internal memory, UFS 3.0
- 12GB RAM/256GB internal memory, UFS 3.0
- 6.89-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1080 x 2256 pixels)
- Rear Cameras
- 64 MP, f/1.8, PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.5, (telephoto), PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), PDAF
- Motorized pop up 16MP f/2.1 front facing camera
- 5G, 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical), USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- 4,500 mAh battery with 44W fast charge
- Android 9.0 Pie with Funtouch 9.1
The Vivo NEX 3 5G is priced at CNY 5,698 for the 8GB/256GB model and CNY 6,198 for the 12GB/256GB model. It is currently available for pre-order in China and it will hit stores on September 21. Vivo also announced the 4G version of the Vivo NEX 3 which will be available in the coming months.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: