Sony is also present at IFA 2019 now happening at Berlin, Germany. The company has announced its new flagship, the Sony Xperia 5.
The Sony Xperia 5 is said to be the compact version of the Sony Xperia ! announced earlier this year. It has a 6.1-inch display with the same 21:9 aspect ratio. Underneath there is the Snapdragpn 855 powering the device. It retains the same triple 12MP camera system and 8MP selfie camera.
Sony Xperia 5 specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- Adreno 640 graphics
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- IP68 certified – water and dust resistant for 1.5 meters and 30 minutes
- 6.1-inch OLED display (1080 x 2520 pixels) 21:9 aspect ratio with
HDR BT.2020 support
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Triple Rear Cameras
- 12 MP, f/1.6, Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-axis OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, Dual Pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom, 5-axis OIS (telephoto)
- 12 MP, f/2.4 (ultrawide)
- 8 megapixel front facing camera (f/2.0 aperture)
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint Scanner (side mounted)
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- 3,140 mAh battery with 18W fast charge
- Android 9.0 Pie
No price has been mentioned for the Sony Xperia 5. It is now available for pre-order in key markets in Europe this month and will be available in stores October 2019.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: