Samsung has officially relaunched the Samsung Galaxy Fold after sales has stopped earlier this year due to issues with its construction.
Nothing has changed with its design. Samsung made improvements on its screen and the hinge that makes the possible to fold. The company added a rubber protection on the folding mechanism to protect it from dust to enter. The supposed “screen protector” that was peeled off by tech reviewers during the its early review days caused screen blackouts. This time, the screen protection can’t be peeled off already. Lastly, Samsung added 5G support to the Galaxy Fold.
Samsung Galaxy Fold specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- Adreno 640 graphics
- 12GB RAM
- 512GB internal storage, no microSD expansion
- 7.3-inch Super AMOLED display (1536 x 2152 pixels
- Cover display – 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Triple Rear Cameras
- 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide)
- Selfie Cameras
- 10 MP, f/2.2, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/1.9, depth sensor
- Cover camera: 10 MP, f/2.2
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Side Mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- 4,380 mAh battery with 15W fast charge
- Android 9.0 Pie with Samsung One UI
The Samsung Galaxy Fold will be available in South Korea tomorrow. No mention about the price though markets like Singapore, France, Germany, United Kingdom and US will have the Galaxy Fold soon.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: