Google’s latest version of their mobile OS, Android 10, is now available on Pixel smartphones – Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, and Pixel 3 XL.
Google has official dropped dessert names for their latest mobile OS version and simply calls it Android 10. Even though Pixel smartphones are not officially sold here, there are some Pinoy buyers who import it or bought it via gray market and online. If you own any Pixel smartphone, you can get Android 10 now via OTA (over the air) update.
New Android 10 Features
Android 10 has brought new features to the table and that includes better security and privacy protection, dark theme, and new gestures for better navigation and operation.
- Smart Reply – When someone sends you a message with an address or a YouTube video, you can open and navigate in Google Maps or open up the video in YouTube, no copying and pasting required. Smart Reply now works across all your favorite messaging apps.
- Dark Theme – You can enable it for your entire phone or for specific apps like Photos and Calendar. It’s easier on your eyes and your phone battery.
- New Gesture Navigation – With simple swipes, you can go backwards, pull up the home screen, and fluidly move between tasks.
- Live Caption – This will automatically caption videos, podcasts and audio messages across any app, even stuff you record yourself. Live Caption will become available this fall, starting with Pixel.
- Family Link – Parents can use these tools to set digital ground rules like daily screen time limits, device bedtime, time limits on specific apps, and more. They can also review the apps children install on their devices, as well as their usage.
- Focus Mode – Under Digital Wellbeing, you can select the apps you find distracting such as email or the news and silence them until you come out of Focus mode. Sign up for the Beta to try it.
New Privacy and Security features:
- You can choose to only share location data with apps while you’re using them. You’ll also receive reminders when an app that you are not actively using is accessing your location, so you can decide whether or not to continue sharing.
- In a new Privacy section under Settings, you’ll find important controls like Web & App Activity and Ad Settings in one place.
- With Google Play system updates, important security and privacy fixes can now be sent to your phone from Google Play, in the same way your apps update. So you get these fixes as soon as they’re available, without having to wait for a full OS update.
After Google’s Pixel devices, Huawei is said to bring EMUI 10 on top of Android 10 to the Huawei P30 series this month. OnePlus devices like the 7 and the 7 Pro is expected to get the update sometime in October or November. OnePlus has just announced the release of OxygenOS Beta 1 for Androd 10 in which developers can now download. Nokia smartphones too will get Android 10 in Q4 2019. Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S series might get the update probably January 2020.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: