There are limited number of smartphones running pure stock Android. These are phones with no skin on top just like all the smartphones we see today. Nokia and OnePlus are the brands that give you pure Google experience with faster software updates and security patches. The other brand is Xiaomi with the Mi A-series.
Xiaomi Philippines has announced the arrival of the Xiaomi Mi A3 to the local market. This is the 3rd generation of Xiaomi’s pure Android experience smartphone. It was first announced in Europe and Xiaomi’s biggest market, India. Specs are very midrange – Snapdragon 665, 6-inch display, triple rear camera system, 32MP selfie camera, an under display fingerprint scanner and running pure Android 9.0 Pie under the Android One program. This means this phone will be one of the first to get Android Q after Google’s Pixel phones.
Xiaomi Mi A3 specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor
- Adreno 610 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64/128GB internal memory expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 6.01-inch HD Super AMOLED display (1560 x 720 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Triple Rear Camera
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, (ultrawide), f/2.2, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- 32MP f/2.0 front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display), USB Type C
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- 4,030 mAh battery with 18W fast charge
- Android 9.0 Pie (Android One)
Xiaomi Philippines has not mentioned the exact date of launch just yet. This is something to look forward to for many Android purists out there looking for an affordable smartphone.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: