If you are out looking for a premium flagship smartphone today, there are two phones which was recently launched in the Philippines – the OnePlus 7 Pro launched last June and the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ launched last week. So we are again in a dilemma on which smartphone to get. This article might help you decide which phone will better suit you.
But first, let’s do a rundown of specs
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10+||OnePlus 7 Pro|
|Processor||Octa Core Exynos 9825||Octa Core Qualcomm Snaodragon 855|
|Graphics||Mali-G76 MP12||Adreno 640|
|RAM||12GB||6GB / 8GB / 12GB|
|Memory||128GB / 256GB||256GB / 512GB|
|Display||6.8-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display (3040 x 1440 pixels)|| 6.67-inch QuadHD AMOLED display (3120 x 1440 pixels) woth 90Hz refresh rate|
Corning Gorilla Glass 6
|Rear Camera||12MP f/1.5-2.4 with OIS main camera|
16MP f/2.2 ultrawide lens
12MP f/2.1 with OIS telephoto lens
TOF camera (time of flight)
| 48 MP, f/1.6, 1/2″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF, OIS|
16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
8 MP, f/2.4, 78mm (telephoto), 3x zoom, Laser/PDAF, OIS
|Front Camera||10MP f/2.2||16MP motorized pop up|
|Connectivity||4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth||4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth|
|Sensors|| Fingerprint Scanner (under display, ultrasonic), USB Type C |
accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
| Fingerprint Scanner (under display, optical), USB Type C |
accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
|Location Services||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, SBAS|
|Battery||4,300 mAh battery 45W fast charge and reverse charging|
|4,000 mAh battery with 30W Warp fast charge|
|Software||Android 9.0 Pie with One UI||Android 9.0 Pie with OxygenOS 9|
Reasons to get the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
- For users who like doodle down with a stylus a lot. The S=Pen has added functionality plus Samsung added a gyroscope so you can remotely use the stylus to navigate your phone.
- Perfect for content creators. Samsung has improved the video quality of its camera system with better video stability which perfect for vloggers.
- On paper, the Galaxy Note 10+ has a 4,300 mAh battery. In theory this should last you two days but we have to test this further once we get our review unit.
- Samsung has one of the best after sales service. Apart from that build quality of the Note 10+ is extremely good.
- It has IP68 certification for water and dust resistance
- A BIG 6.8-inch display is not for everyone but this is perfect for media consumption. Also, that screen is just amazing.
- MicroSD slot is present on this phone
Related article – Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Series Announced
Reasons to get the OnePlus 7 Pro:
- You can’t beat the price. 39K for the base model 6GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB for 43K and 47K for the 12GB/256GB. You get flagship features and specs for 20k difference.
- This screen is just insane! It can match the Note 10 in terms of screen quality plus the fact that it is a 90Hz display. This is perfect for gaming and you will notice the difference with 60Hz screens.
- Big improvements in the camera department. Sometimes it is already hard to tell when you compare photos from the OnePlus 7 Pro and other flagships like the Galaxy S10 and P30 Pro.
- We love OxygenOS! As you all know, we are certified fans of Google’s pure Android experience with no custom UI on top. This makes the phone snappy apart from this phone is already powered by a flagship chipset. OxygenOS gives you pure Android experience will little to no bloat.
- Since the phone gives you vanilla Android look and feel, OnePlus phones are also one of the first to get the latest Android version and security updates. You also get Android support for up to two years.
- Digital Walker, the sole retailer that carries OnePlus products in the Philippines offers 18 Months warranty. Everybody else offers 12 months warranty.
- A matte finish on a phone means your phone is resistant to fingerprint and smudges. The Nebula Blue matte finish is only available in 8GB/256GB and 12GB/256GB variants.
Related article – OnePlus 7 Pro Review
The summarize it all up, the OnePlus 7 Pro seems to offer more value for money but the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ offers more features. Now, if you need the S Pen functionality and a bigger screen then the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ is a no-brainer.
For us, the OnePlus 7 Pro is a better pick simply because of the value it offers. That 18-month warranty is hard to resist plus the fact that the phone can already compete in terms of screen, battery and camera departments.
Hope this article help you decide on what phone to get. Both phone will definitely not disappoint.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: