After a few weeks when Qualcomm announced the overclocked Snapdragon 855+, Android OEMs have begun announcing smartphones powered by this chipset. First is the ASUS ROG Phone 2 and now Xiaomi has announced the Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro.
Just like the previous Black Shark branded phones, this is a gaming focused smartphone. Apart from the Snapdragon 855+, the chipset is paired with 8GB or 12GB RAM. The phone supports UFS 3.0 standard for the internal storage. We have a 6.39-inch AMOLED display with 240Hz touch sensing here, a dual rear camera, 4,000 mAh battery and Android 9.0 Pie.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+
- Adreno 640 graphics
- 8GB RAM/128GB internal memory
- 12GB RAM/ 128GB or 256GB internal memory
- 6.39-inch Full HD AMOLED display (2340 x 1080 pixels) with 240 Hz touch sensing
- Dual Rear Cameras
- 48 MP, f/1.8, PDAF
- 12 MP, f/2.2, (telephoto),PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 20MP f/2.0 front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Fingerprint Scanner (under display), USB Type C
- Sensors – accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- 4,000 mAh battery with 27W fast charging
- Android 9.0 Pie
Pre-orders has started in China. Price starts 2,999 Chinese Yuan for the 12GB/128GB model and 3,499 Chinese Yuan for the 12GB/256GB model.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: