Home Business Mislatel, Philippines new Third Telco is now called Dito Telecom

Mislatel, Philippines new Third Telco is now called Dito Telecom

824
0
SHARE

It official! Mindanao Islamic Telephone Company (Mislatel) is our new third major telecom service aimed to compete with Globe Telecom and PLDT.

In a ceremony held in Malacañang Palace yesterday, President Rodrigo Duterte awarded the certificate of public convenience and necessity (CPCN) to Dennis Uy, the owner of Mislatel.

Mislatel Consortium

The company has also changed its corporate name from Mislatel to Dito Telecommunity Corporation or Dito Telecom. The company is expected to begin its operations in 2020.

Dito Telecom is a company owned by Businessman Dennis Uy’s Udenna Corporation and Chelsea Logistics Corp which owns 60% of the company plus China Telecom which owns the rest of 40%.

Dito Telecom promised 37% coverage of the country on its first year of operation. They will spend Php 257 Billion for its telecom infrastructure.

Source

Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: