Another year, another epic battle between South Korean Samsung and Chinese Huawei in the world of flagship smartphones. Today we are going to compare them specs per specs and then at the end of the article we will give our opinion on which smartphone to get.
|Huawei P30 Pro||Samsung Galaxy S10+|
Octa Core HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor
Octa Core Exynos 9820 8nm processor
Mali G76 MP10 graphics
Mali G76 MP12 graphics
|Memory||8GB RAM, 256GB internal storage|
Expandable memory via Huawei’s nano memory card up to 256GB
|8GB RAM, 128GB or 512GB internal storage|
Expandable via microSD up to 512GB
6.47-inch Full HD OLED display (1080 x 2340 pixels)
6.4-inch Infinity-O Quad HD+ Curved Dynamic AMOLED display
40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF/Laser AF, OIS
20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7″, PDAF/Laser AF
Periscope 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 5x optical zoom, OIS, PDAF/Laser AF
TOF 3D camera
12MP f/1.5-2.4 main camera (Dual aperture, Dual Pixel, OIS)
12MP f/2.4 telephoto (OIS, Auto-Focus)
16MP f/2.2 ultra-wide angle lens (123 degrees, fixed-focus)
|Selfie Camera|| |
32MP front-facing camera (f/2.0 aperture)
10MP f/1.9 + 8MP f/2.2 (depth sensor) front cameras (Dual Pixel Auto-Focus)
4G/LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth
Optical Fingerprint Scanner (under display, Face Unlock
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax , Bluetooth
Ultrasonic Fingerprint scanner (under display), Face Unlock
|Location Services||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, QZSSGALILEO||GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|Battery||4,200 mAh battery with 40W fast charge||4,100 mAh battery with 15Wfast charge|
|Software||Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.1||Android 9.0 Pie with One UI|
Our Honest Opinion
Based on the specs sheet, it seems like the Huawei P30 Pro is a practical choice because of its killer camera, fastest charging and bigger battery plus better color options. But for us, we think that the Samsung Galaxy S10+ is a better phone overall. Let’s trim down why.
Pick the Samsung Galaxy S10+ because…
- Overall package is better.
- Better screen tech. Samsung still has the best display on any smartphone
- The 12MP main camera takes better photos in good lighting.
- Better wide angle shots.
- Better and more stable videos both 4k and 1080P.
- Samsung’s One UI is smoother, cleaner and easier to use.
- Better audio quality from dual stereo AKG speakers.
- A traditional earpierce is better than the competitor’s vibrating screen to produce sound for calls.
Pick the Huawei P30 Pro because….
- Better looking gradiant colors
- You prefer a water drop notch over a punch hole cut out on the display
- If you like the Periscopic zoom lens which can take up to 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom.
- The best night mode in a camera today.
- Huawei phones gets better and more stable WiFi and 4G/LTE signal.
- More battery, faster charging speeds
- Based on last year’s update, Huawei’s 2018 flagships were updated to Android 9.0 Pie in November 2018 as compared with Samsung 2018 flagships that were updated January 2019.
We truly hope this solves the dilemma most of you are facing right now. Its up to you which phone will better suit you.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: