We learned that Sony recently had a new head of its mobile division and the change has become evident on its new smartphones they’ve released in MWC 2019. From the Xperia XZ line of smartphones, the company renamed its new flagship smartphone as simply Sony Xperia 1.
The Sony Xperia 1 is the first smartphone a 4k resolution and crazy tall 21:9 aspect ratio. Sony has also redone its camera tech. They’ve stacked up three cameras at the rear – three 12 megapixel sensors – one main sensor, one ultrawide and one telephoto. It is powered by the latest Snapdragon 855 and running Android 9.0 Pie.
Sony Xperia 1 specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- Adreno 640 graphics
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- IP68 certified – water and dust resistant for 1.5 meters and 30 minutes
- 6.5-inch OLED display (1644 x 3840 pixels) 21:9 aspect ratio with
HDR BT.2020 support
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Triple Rear Cameras
12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (wide), 1/2.6″, 1.4µm, predictive Dual Pixel PDAF, 5-axis OIS
12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, predictive Dual Pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom, 5-axis OIS
12 MP, f/2.4, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm
- 8 megapixel front facing camera (f/2.0 aperture)
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Side Mounted Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- 3,330 mAh battery with fast and wireless charging
- Android 9.0 Pie
The Sony Xperia 1 will be available this Spring 2019. No price was mentioned.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: