Xiaomi has officially announced its 2019 flagship, the Xiaomi Mi 9. As expected, it has all the bells and whistles of a true flagship.
First, the Xiaomi Mi 9 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest flagship chipset, Snapgdragon 855 and that comes with what Xiaomi calls Game Turbo mode with boosts the CPU and GPU to its maximum capacity when doing very gaming. Next are the cameras – just like we previously reported, it has a triple camera system – a 48MP Sony IMX586 main sensor, a 16MP ultra wide lens and a 12 MP 2x telephoto lens. Protecting these lenses is a sapphire glass lens cover which can withstand scratches.
We have a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display with a waterdrop notch and underneath the display is a fingerprint sensor. Lastly, the phone supports up to 20-watt wireless fast charging and it comes with 27-watt wired charger. Xiaomi will also release a special edition of the Mi 9 with transparent back. This particular version will come with a whooping 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage.
Xiaomi Mi 9 specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor
- Adreno 640 graphics
- 6GB RAM/ 64GB internal memory
- 8GB RAM/ 128GB internal storage
- 12GB RAM/ 256GB internal memory
- 6.39-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1080 x 2280 pixels)
- Triple rear cameras
48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF
16 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
12 MP, 1.0µm, (telephoto), Laser/PDA
- 24 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- 3,300 mAh battery with fast and wireless charging
- Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10
The Xiaomi Mi 9 will be available first in China and will have the following prices – 2,999 Chinese Yuan for the 6/128GB, 3,299 Chinese Yuan for the 8/128GB and the transparent version with 12/256GB has a price of 3,999 Chinese Yuan.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: