We expect Sony to announce its next flagship this January but apparently, it was earlier. The company has just unveiled at IFA 2018 in Berlin Germany the new Sony Xperia XZ3.
This is the Sony flagship for the second half of 2018 and it has all the latest specs a flagship should have – Snapdragon 846 with 4GB RAM, a 6-inch 18:9 display and this time it is an OLED display (a first for Sony), and it runs Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. The display is also curved like what we see in Samsung’s flagships and it has Side Sense which is a gesture-based feature that assigns commands by swiping or tapping the side of the screen.
Sony Xperia XZ3 specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 graphics
- 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage
- Expandable memory via microSD up to 400GB
- 6-inch Quad HD P-OLED display (1440 x 3120 pixels) 18:9 aspect ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP68 certified – dust/waterproof up to 1.5 meters for 30 mins
- 19-megapixel rear-facing camera with PDAF, laser AF and dual LED flash (f/2.0 aperture
- 13-megapixel front-facing camera (f/1.9 aperture)
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C, Face Unlock
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 3,300 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0 and Wireless Charging Support
- Android9.0 Pie
The Sony Xperia XZ3 is expected to be available this September. They will also continue to sell the Sony Xperia XZ2 and Xperia XZ2 Premium as their current devices.
Stay tuned! For more info and the latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites:
- Facebook: fb.com/filipinotechaddict
- Instagram: instagram.com/filipinotechaddict
- Twitter: twitter.com/filipinotechie