Remember the Vivo APEX concept smartphone that features an under-screen fingerprint sensor and no notch screen? Well, its a reality now with the Vivo NEX S.
This is Vivo’s true flagship level smartphone with Snapdragon 845 powering up the device. The Vivo NEX S is the first smartphone a 91.24% screen-to-body ratio by eliminating the notch. Vivo calls it Ultra FullView Display. There’s no earpiece too since it is all screen. There’s a vibrating screen in which Vivo calls it Screen SoundCasting Technology which serves as a replacement for the earpiece.
Vivo NEX S specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 graphics
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB/256GB internal memory
- 6.59-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (2316 x 1080 pixels)
- 12MP (f/1.8 aperture, dual pixel PDAF) + 5MP (f/2.4 aperture) with 4-axis OIS, PDAF and dual LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB Type C, Fingerprint Scanner (under display)
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 4,000 mAh battery
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Funtouch OS 4
The Vivo NEX S will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow. June 13 in China. Price is as follows – 4,498 Chinese Yuan for the 128GB model and 4,998 Chinese Yuan for the 256GB model. No word of availability outside China.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: