Earlier this month, Qualcomm announced a new chipset called the Snapdragon 710, an octa core System on Chip (SoC). At the Xiaomi event yesterday, the company announced the Xiaomi Mi * SE (Special Edition), the first device powered by Snapdragon 710.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 SE will be the most affordable among the Mi 8 variants as for the chipset is relatively cheaper than the Snapdragon 845 on the regular Mi 8. It also has a smaller 5.88-inch display, a 12 and 5 megapixel combo at the back and running Android 8.1 Oreo.
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE specs:
- 2.2Ghz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 processor
- Adreno 616 graphics
- 4/6GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage
- 5.88-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1080 x 22244 pixels) 18.7:9 aspect ratio
- HDR10 Support
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 12 MP (f/1.9 aperture and gyro-EIS, dual pixel PDAF) + 5 MP (f/2.0 aperture) rear facing cameras with dual pixel PDAF and LED flash
- 20 megapixel front facing camera (f/2.0 aperture)
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C, Face Unlock
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS
- 3,120 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Andoid 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10
The Xiaomi Mi 8 SE has a price tag of 1,799 Chinese Yuan for the 4GB version and 1,999 Chinese Yuan for the 6GB version. No availability has been mentioned.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: