Another flagship smartphone has been announced. In an event, Xiaomi celebrates its 8th anniversary and announced the Xiaomi Mi 8.
Just like any other flagship, the Xiaomi Mi 8 has all the top level specs – a Snapdragon 845 chipset paired with 6GB RAM, a 6.2-inch display, dual 12 megapixel cameras and running Android 8.1 Oreo. The camera does have AI too.
The Xiaomi Mi 8 has an “Explorer Edition” which has 8GB RAM and special feature that has an underscreen fingerprint scanner and a see through back panel that reveals the device’s internals. Cool!
Xiaomi Mi 8 specs
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 graphics
- 6GB RAM
- 64/128/256GB internal storage
- 6.21-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1080 x 22248 pixels) 18.7:9 aspect ratio
- HDR10 Support
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 12 MP (f/1.8 aperture and 4- axis OIS, dual pixel PDAF) + 12 MP (f/2.4 aperture) rear facing cameras with PDAF and LED flash
- 20 megapixel front facing camera (f/2.0 aperture)
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C, Face Unlock
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS
- 3,300 mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0+
- Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10
Here are the prices for the Xiaomi Mi 8
- 64GB – 2,699 Chinese Yuan
- 128GB – 3,299 Chinese Yuan
- Explorer Edition – 3,799 Chinese Yuan
It will be available in online stores in China by June 5.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: