Huawei is now on the spotlight with the launch of the new Huawei P20 series. Though many are drooling over the Huawei P20 Pro with its triple camera system, the Huawei P20 attracts many buyers as well with its reasonable price tag and of course, those Leica optics. Let’s unbox this, shall we?
- Octa Core HiSilicon 970 processor
- Mali G71 MP12 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB internal memory
- 5.8-inch Full HD LTPS IPS LCD display (1080 x 2244) 18.7:9 aspect ratio
- 12 mzd cb vcegapixel (f/1.8 aperture) + 20 megapixel (f/1.6 aperture) with Leica optics, PDAF, dual LED flash
- 24 megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,400 mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.1
- Price: P34,990
- Status: Available at Huawei stores and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- Huawei P20 unit
- USB Type C cable
- Wall adapter
- jelly case
- SIM card ejector
We’ve seen how Huawei has improved a lot in terms of design and every year the company has never failed to wow us. If the Huawei P10 has a beautiful metal unibody design, the Huawei P20 has a more premium design with its metal and glass design.
Despite the choice of materials, the phone is surprisingly light. We do love some of Huawei’s design cues such as the logo at the back placed on the side in which it will be very visible when you hold the phone sidewards (when you hold the phone when using the camera).
The placement of the fingerprint scanner below the screen is favorable for us. We don’t need to pick up the phone to unlock it from the back and just place your finger and unlock it. There is also an option to use face unlock as an alternative.
Ports and buttons
- Top – antenna bands
- Bottom – USB Type C port, speaker, microphone
- Left – microSD/SIM card tray
- Right – power button and volume rockers
- Back – dual cameras with flash
- Front – 5.8-inch display, fingerprint scanner, front camera, earpiece
FIRST SAMPLE PHOTOS
Huawei’s own AI (Ariticial Intelligence) is all over the camera and its software. The first photos we took were jaw dropping! The software automatically adjusts the settings according to the lighting and the subject you are taking.
Here are some of our first sample photos.
Upon turning on the device for the first time, we were greeted by some pre-installed apps and games such as Asphalt Nitro, Dragon Mania and Puzzle Pets, . Apps such as Z Camera, Translator and Booking.com are also pre-installed. You can uninstall them to free up some space.
EMUI 8.1 is also more trimmed down than version 8.0 found on the Mate 10. In the P20, Huawei opted to use Google Messages as a default SMS app instead of their own.
Are you using the Huawei P10 or the older P9? Time to upgrade! The Huawei P20 is worth getting especially if you want a good camera phone for social media posting. If you wish a more detailed photos perfect for print, maybe you should take a look at the Huawei P20 Pro.
More to explore on this phone! We shalll test its overall daily performance, other camera features and enhanced AI capabilities.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: