Alcatel is the first to showcase their latest smartphones at the annual Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. The company has just unveiled the Alcatel 1X. the first smartphone produced under Google’s Android Go program.
If Android One phones are affordable midrangers, Android Go phones are entry level ones. Both will get the latest Android versions and support for the next two years. The Alcatel X1 is an entry level smartphone and it is evident at the specs.
Alcatel 1X specs
- 1.3GHz quad core Mediatek MT6739 processor
- PowerVR GE8100 graphics
- 1 or 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via microSD up to 32GB
- 5.3-inch qHD IPS LCD display (960 x 540 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE,WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner
- 2,460 mAh battery
- Android 8.1 Oreo
The Alcatel 1X will come in either single or dual SIM variants and will be launching in April 2018. Price start at 100 Euros.