HMD Global, the company behind Nokia’s smartphone business has just announced its first Android-powered flagship smartphone – the Nokia 8.
Unlike other flagships we see nowadays, the Nokia 8 sports a smaller 5.3 inch display with QHD resolution. We also see the return of Carl Zeiss optics on a Nokia smartphone – a dual 13 megapixel camera set up.
Nokia has also introduced OZO – the company’s 360 degree surround audio recording which captures excellent sound quality while recording a video. Lastly it is also powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 836 chipset paired with 4GB of RAM.
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- Adreno 540 graphics
- 4GB RAM/64GB internal memory
- 6GB RAM/128GB internal memory
- Expandable storage via microSD up to 256GB
- 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS LCD display (2560 x 1440 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP54 certified – water and dust resistant
- Dual 13 megapixel rear facing camera with Carl Zeiss optics, PDAF, OIS, dual LED flash
- 13 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, USB Type C, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,090 mAh battery
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
The Nokia 8 will be available in Septermber for 600 Euros (around P36,000).