Samsung has just made the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active official. It continues the tradition of Samsung offering a tough and rugged version of the flagship. Sadly, it is only coming to the US.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active does not have the flagship’s Infinity Display, Samsung’s signature curved display that flows to both side of the device. It gives way to thicker, military grade drop resistant materials for its rugged look. Of course it is still water resistant plus a bigger 4,000 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active:
- Octa Core Qualcom Snapdragon 835 processor
- Adreno 540 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display (1440 x 2960 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- IP68 certified – water/dust proof for 1 meter and 30 minutes
- 12 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, OIS and LED flash f/1.7 aperture
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus and auto HDR f/1.7 aperture
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, NFC, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, Gallileo
- 4,000 mAh battery with fast and wireless charging
- Android 7.0 Nougat
As you can see, most of the specs remain the same. The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active will be available exclusively to US carrier AT&T.