Samsung made a big noise at the midrange smartphone scene last year with the introduction of the Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. That device became a big step up from the usual cheap plastic build and mediocre camera of its past models. So Samsung device decided to take on the selfie centric smartphones present in the Philippines with the introduction of the the new Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro. Let’s take a quick look!
Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro:
- 1.6GHz octa core Exynos 7870 processor
- Mali T830MP2 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5.5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash f/1.7 aperture
- 13 megapixel front facing camera with LED flash f/1.9 aperture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,600 mAh battery
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Price: P15,990
- Status: Available at Samsung stores and retailers
Upon first gaze with the Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro, we already noticed its unique antenna design. It looks funky and fresh unlike the iPhone’s annoying antenna band design. Overall look has been improved for better handling and grip. We have the matte black version here and it has been a popular choice among buyers these days.
Ports and buttons check:
- Left – volume rockers, SIM 1 tray and SIM 2/microSD card tray
- Right – power button and speaker grill
- Bottom – USB 2.0 charging port, 3.5 mm audio jack, microphone
- Top – none
- Back – 13 megapixel camera with flash
- Front – physical home button, two capacitive buttons, 5.5-inch display, sensors, 13 megapixel camera with flash
The display gets an upgrade from the previous model. It is now on full HD and now has Samsung’s signature Always On display.
As for the camera, it seems pretty decent for us. We will do further testing on that. But for now, here are some of our sample photos.
We now consider the Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro a premium mid range smartphones based on its looks alone. We still have to do further testing on the device with its battery, performance, everyday use and camera. For now, we are left impressed. Full review coming up soon!