OPPO Philippines is trying to maintain the hype of bringing mid-range level and budget friendly #SelfieExpert smartphones. Last June 13, 2017, they released the OPPO A57 – the newest A-series device that bring users a flagship-level 16MP selfie camera. So to see what are inside the package, join us in our unboxing!
What’s inside the box:
- OPPO A57 unit
- Jelly Case
- Wall adapter
- charging/data cable
- Sim tray injector
- Guide Manuals
OPPO A57 Specs
- Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with ColorOS v3.0
- 5.2″ IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen 16M colors
- 720 x 1280 pixels (~282 ppi pixel density)
- Dual LTE nano-SIM, Dual stand-by
- 32GB ROM expandable to 256GB via dedicated SD card slot
- 3GB of RAM
- 13 MP Sony IMX258, f/2.2, PDAF, LED flash, 1080p@30fps Rear Camera
- 16 MP, f/2.0, 1.12 µm pixel size, 1080p Front Camera
- Fingerprint (front-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2,900 mAh
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.1, A2DP
- GPS with A-GPS
- FM Radio
- microUSB 2.0, USB Host
At first look, the OPPO A57 is just like the OPPO F1s with its 5.2 inches size compared to the 5.5 inches size of the OPPO F1s. Its body is made from poly-carbonate and finished with metallic paint. We had the color black unit and it looks so stunning! Its also very easy to hold thanks to its 5.2 inches size and slim form factor. Its Home button is not clickable and it also serves as the fingerprint scanner.
Ports and Buttons:
- Top – nothing
- Bottom – Speaker grill, 3.5mm headset jack, USB charging port and microphone
- Left – Volume Rockers
- Right – tri-slot ( Dual nano-SIM card, dedicated microSD card slot), power button
The device is running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow paired with OPPO’s ColorOS v3.0 which is inspired by Apple’s iOS style. But never-the-less, interaction with it is very smooth and we never experienced lags even after opening multiple apps in background thanks to its Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 505 GPU.
The OPPO A57 is paired with 16MP front facing camera and a 13MP Sony IMX258 back camera. OPPO smartphones are known for bringing us #selfieExpert front cameras and the OPPO A57 will not let you down with your selfies. With its beauty mode, it can also create a bokeh-effect on your selfie which results to blur backgrounds. We are very satisfied with its output image, although sometimes the blur effect is not that so perfectly made, still its very nice to have this feature.
The back camera also delivers satisfying images. The contrast is so good specially when shooting indoors. It has the ability to maintain the darkness of shadows and the amount of light coming from light sources. It also has a Expert Mode which lets you play with its ISO, Exposure, Focus, White Balance and Shutter Speed. Here are sample images >>>
Before I got a handle with the unit, I thought it was just only for selfie-lover girls, but now that I have been using the phone for more than a week, I’ve got used to it. I love its metallic matte black color, it can easily fit on every style that you wear. Its display is so vivid that’s why I enjoy using it while browsing on different social media apps.
The phone itself has more things and capability to offer, so stay tuned and watch out for our full review!