Vivo has just announced a new smartphone called the Vivo V5s. This is a slight upgrade from the Vivo V5 announced late last year. Specs are very similar – Mediatek MT6750 chipset, 4GB RAM, 5.5-inch display, 20 megapixel Sony selfie camera and 3,000 mAh battery. The notable differences are memory is now 64GB and it now runs Funtouch OS 3.0.
- Octa Core Mediatek MT6750 processor
- Mali T860MP2 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display (11280 x 720 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- AKM AK4376 HiFi DAC (digital to analogue converter)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with PDAF and LED flash
- 20 megapixel selfie Sony camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB OTG, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 3.0
The Vivo V5s is priced at 18,990 Indian Rupees. It will go on sale in India on May 5. We surely hope the Vivo V5s will be making its way to the Philippines soon.