Good news ASUS Zenfone 3 (5.2 or 5.5 inches) owners! ASUS has officially began rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update on ASUS Zenfone 3 (ZE520KL/ZE552KL). We got reports from our close friends who owns Zenfone 3 units that they are getting the big software update.
Here are some reminders before the update:
- Please make sure to have at least 1.5GB free space on your internal storage.
- Once update is available, notification will automatically appear on your status bar. Tap on this notification to download the update.
- Once download is completed, a pop-up to install the update will appear. Tap Install to continue.
- The device will reboot twice during the installation of the update. Please do not turn off the device until the home screen appears.
(It will take about one week for the system to complete the autopush, if you do not receive the update prompt, then please go to【Setting】>【About】>【System Update】to update manually).
Here are the following changes after the update:
- Add bundled notifications switch. (Settings > Notification > Configure notifications). When multiple notifications for a single app are received, they can be bundled together into a single group. This group can be expanded to see the individual messages.
- Improve Touch performance.
- Enable FET VoLTE and VoWiFi.
- Remove “Share Link” as it does not work properly on Android N. If you want to share files across LAN, you can use ASUS file manager’s Network place and wireless transfer function. If you want to use WiFi hotspot to share files to Windows 10 PCor Android devices, you can also use the new “ZenLink” app, which is compatible with Share Link: http://www.zenui.com/zenlink/
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu. How to turn on Audio Wizard? (System settings > Sound& Vibration > Audio Wizard or Quick settings > Add Audio wizard tile). How to turn on Splendid? (System settings > Display > Splendid). How to check system update? (System settings > System Update). How to turn on flashlight? (Quick settings > Flashlight)
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” from, and add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” to Settings > ASUS customized settings > Recent apps key.
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages, you can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter or edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling.
- Split “Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings. So users can adjust “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume respectively.
- Remove Shake Shake from ZenMotion.
- Please note that some live wallpapers (Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, Phase Beam) are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after system upgrade.
- For user who upgrade from Android M to Android N and do Factory reset, the home workspace will be updated to the new layout.