Earlier this week, Moto Philippines unveiled the premium mid range Moto M. The company attempts to meet class, style and value for money with this new device. We managed to get a good amount of time with the Moto M and we would like to share our first impressions and thoughts.
Moto M specs:
- 2.2GHz octa core Mediatek Helio P15 processor
- Mali T860 MP2 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.5-inch full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Dolby ATMOS audio enhancement
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with PDAF and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,050 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Price: P14,999
- Status: Available in Moto stores, MemoXpress and Silicon Valley stores
Looking at the phone for the first time, Moto did nailed the design and build quality part. The Moto M is encased in a premium sheet of metal in an unibody design. The design is beautiful getting design cues from various smartphones making it unique. Holding it is so comfortable in the hand thanks to its curved edges.
Ports and buttons:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack
- Bottom – USB 3.0 charging port, microphone and speaker
- right – SIM card tray/memory card tray
- Left – Volume Rockers, Power Button
- Back – 16 megapixel rear camera with flash and fingerprint scanner
- Front – 8 megapixel front camera, 5.5-inch display, sensors and earpiece
Android purists will love the Moto M as it has no custom skin and a simple vanilla Android UI will be seen here. No bloatwares and only the essentials are there.
We managed to take photos of from the Moto M and so far, the 16 megapixel rear camera is doing an excellent job though we need to test it further in low light.
Overall, we are quite impressed with the Moto M even with only just a few minutes with it. The P14,999 is justifiable since you are getting a very premium looking device with very decent specs. Looking forward to review it fully soon. 🙂