Sony Philippines has officially announced that the new flagship, the Sony Xperia XZ is now available in the Philippines. Sony has been trying to recover from series of disappointments from its current Xperia X line. The Xperia XZ was first announced in IFA 2016 last month to remedy the negative reviews it got from the X series (namely the Xperia X, Xperia X Performance and Xperia XA).
Sony Xperia XZ:
- Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- Adreno 530 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 256GB
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- IP68 certified – dust and water resistant for 1.5 meters and 30 minutes
- 23 megapixel rear facing camera with PDAF, laser autofocus and LED flash
- 13 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,900 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat
The official price is P37,990 and it is now available at Sony stores and retailers. Before buying, you might want to check out a video review from Android Authority.