Vivo Philippines has leveled up the competition with the launch of Vivo Y55. This smartphone is one of the first to be powered by Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 430. During the launch yesterday, we managed to get a closer look at this beautiful smartphone. Let’s go and explore!
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- Adreno 505 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.2-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,650 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Funtouch OS 2.6
The Vivo Y55 has a unibody design similar to its pricier siblings, the Vivo V3 Max and the regular V3. It thinness and sexiness will truly appeal to teens specially girls. This rose gold variant will truly make a teenage girl’s eye pop like an anime. Though it resembles some of Oppo’s smartphones, we all know where both companies got their inspiration from. In all fairness, it is not a bad thing. It is truly a beautiful piece of hardware for its price tag.
Going to the software side, the Vivo Y55 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with its custom UI, Funtouch OS 2.5. If you are not familiar with the UI, it will take some time getting used to. It is heavily skinned that any traces of stock Android disappears. It is as if it is running a different OS.
We are truly excited for our review unit to arrive and give a more comprehensive review. The Vivo Y55 will be available in stores at the end of October.