TCL is a Chinese tech company that we know sells those affordable but awesome LED and LCD TVs in the Philippines. It is also known to be the parent company of smartphone maker Alcatel. Now TCL has announced their flagship smartphone, the TCL 950 and, yeah, it is not Alcatel. Specs are very top notch making it a true flagship smartphone.
- Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 21 megapixel rear facing Sony IMX 230 camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Sensor
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
TCL is also the new OEM partner of BlackBerry as the Canadian tech company recently announced that they are no longer making their own phones. All BlackBerry-branded smartphones will be handled by TCL. The TCL 950 will be the upcoming BlackBerry DTEK60 flagship smartphone according to rumors. The new TCL flagship is priced at 3,299 Chinese Yuan ($495) and it is available via TCL’s online store in China.