When Sony released the Xperia X line of smartphones, it did earn mostly negative reviews especially on the camera and battery front. So at IFA 2016, Sony has announced the new “flagship” Sony Xperia XZ. It basically fixed the bad reviews from the Xperia X and X Performance – design, camera and battery life.
Sony Xperia XZ:
- Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- Adreno 530 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 256GB
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- IP68 certified – dust and water resistant for 1.5 meters and 30 minutes
- 23 megapixel rear facing camera with PDAF, laser autofocus and LED flash
- 13 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,900 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat
The Sony Xperia XZ will be launched globally in October 2016. It will be priced above the Xperia X Performance.