Sick of owning an affordable Samsung smartphone with very low specs? Good thing the Samsung Galaxy On7 is here. Specs are far modest than what we use to see from Samsung J1 to J3 series. Priced just right below 10k, could this be a phone for a Samsung die hard fan? Let’s find out.
Samsung Galaxy On7:
- 1.2GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor
- Adreno 306 graphics
- 1.5GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.5-inch HD TFT display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Touchwiz UI
- Price: P8,990
- Status: Available via Lazada
- BUY ONLINE
There’s nothing much to say about its aesthetics since it is just a typical Samsung design you see. Actually when you put the Galaxy On7 with its siblings like the Samsung Galaxy J7 you can’t tell which is which. We don’t hate the design but we think Samsung should contemplate on redesigning its entry level and midrange line.
Moving on, here are the button and port placements:
- Top – nothing
- Bottom – 3.5mm headset jack, microphone and speaker grill
- Left – volume rockers
- Right – power button
- Back – 13 megapixel camera, flash and speaker grill
- Front – 5.5-inch display, sensors, 5 megapixel camera, home button and two capacitive buttons
We only had a short time with the device based on our short tests, everything seems to be breezy and can multitasking very well. Just like any other Samsung devices, TouchWiz UI has trimmed down its bloatware giving more space for your apps .
The camera is a typical Samsung affair but photos we saw on the phone are not at par obviously with its flagship sibling, the Samsung Galaxy S7. On the bright side, the photos are still sharp and bright and still worthy for Instagram and Facebook post. We do believe that the 3,000 mAh battery is just right for the phone. We think it can give a day of mixed moderate to heavy use.
The Samsung Galaxy On7 is indeed built for the fans who deserve a Samsung phone with better specs on a tight budget. It is no Samsung Galaxy S7 in terms of performance and camera but it is not bad either. For only P8,990 we think it is worth the look. 🙂