Cherry Mobile surprised us with the announcement of the Cherry Mobile Touch XL 2. This smartphone maybe just your typical slab but this device comes with a VR headset. Taking Virtual Reality into the realm of affordable smartphones, Cherry Mobile wants the ordinary Pinoy experience this new trend on the high end smartphone market. Let’s unbox this!
Cherry Mobile Touch XL 2
- 1.3GHz quad core Mediatek MT6580 processor
- Mali 400MP graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 6-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Price: P3,499
- Status: Available at Cherry Mobile stores and kiosks
What’s inside the box?
- Cherry Mobile Touch XL 2 unit
- USB cable
- Wall Adapter
- VR Headset
Now this is a huge smartphone. The Cherry Mobile Touch XL 2 has a 6-inch display which is perfect for multimedia use and virtual reality. Speaking of, the said smartphone has a Virtual Reality headset that comes with it. It is made of hard cardboard but we are not sure if this headset can be exposed to water.
Going back to the Cherry Mobile Touch XL 2, the body is made with plastic with a nice metallic finish that makes the phone look and feel premium. The back is removable revealing the battery, SIM card trays and microSD card slot. It is quite heavy and bulky though it is not that of a big issue.
Buttons and ports placements:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack and USB charging port
- Bottom – speaker grill and microphone
- Left – nothing
- Right – Power button and volume rockers
- Back – 8 megapixel camera and flash
- Front – 6-inch display, sensors and 2 megapixel camera
Though we are not fans of Virtual Reality, we will be trying the VR headset and how it fares among other VR experiece we had in the past. Full review in two weeks.