Samsung has announced its roll out of Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Samsung Galaxy A9. Though it is not sold here in the Philippines, it is available on gray market and online stores. If you do own one, this should be a good news for you.
Samsung Galaxy A9:
- 1.8GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor
- Adreno 410 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage expandable via up to 128GB
- 6-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with optical image stabilization, autofocus and LED flash (f/1.9 aperture)
- 8 megapixel front facing camera (f/1.9 aperture)
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- 4,000 mAh battery with QuickCharge technology
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update has already started in China and other markets will follow soon. If you receive the notification, make sure you have enough battery and stay connected to a stable WiFi. To update, just go to Settings > About Phone > Software Update.
The update will include Google’s Now On Tap and Doze. Please do share your experience with us in the comments section below.