After introducing two smartphones above 5k, Kata Philippines went back to the entry level scene and announced the Kata C1, the first smartphone for their new C-line of devices. They have sent us a unit for review so let’s unbox it!
- 1.3GHz quad core Mediatek MT6580 processor
- Mali 400 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,600 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- SRP: P3,699
What’s inside the box?
- Kata C1 unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter (international version)
Upon opening the box, we were very impressed on how sexy the Kata C1 is. The texture at the back reminds us of the Asus Zenfone Zoom leather back. But you’ll never notice that this is just faux leather. It really feels so good in the hand just like the Cloudfone Excite Prime – giving you that premium feel and reassuring grip. The top and bottom of the front is a bit chamfered giving it a unique look.
The Kata C1 also has a slim profile and surprisingly light for a phone with a 5.5-inch display. Sliding it in your pockets is easy without that awkward bulge. If you hate black, don’t worry. The Kata C1 is also available in white.
Buttons and ports check:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack and USB charging port
- Bottom – microphone
- Left – volume rockers
- Right – power button
- Back – 13 megapixel camera and speaker grill
- Front – 5.5-inch display, sensors and 5 megapixel camera
We consider the Kata M2L as the company’s best smartphone in terms of good looks but it seems the Kata C1 is going to steal the crown. As of this writing, we have not downloaded our everyday apps. We will be taking the Kata C1 to Cebu as our daily driver. Full review in a week!
If you are interested on the Kata C1, pre-order will be available starting tomorrow at Kata stores and kiosks.