The 5.5-inch Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is a good phone and for its price tag, it is definitely the best buy today. In fact, we see a lot of it. Just last week, Asus announced an upgrade for this best selling smartphone called the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5S. What are the significant upgrades? Let unbox it!
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5S ZE550KL
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 405 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with ZenUI
- SRP: P8,995
What’s inside the box?
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5S unit
- USB Cable
- Wall Adapter
To make it simple folks, The internals of the Asus Zenfone Selfie is inside of the Zenfone 2 Laser. Since the upgrade is done from the inside, there is nothing much to say with the phone’s design. We have a older Asus Zenfone 2 Laser and compared it with the 5.5S and it is hard to find any significant difference except for the color of the back.
Ports and buttons check:
- Top – Power button and 3.5mm headset jack
- Bottom – 3.5mm USB charging port
- Left and Right – nothing
- Back – Volume rockers, 13 megapixel camera with flash and speaker grill
- Front – 5.5-inch display, three capacitive buttons, sensors and 5 megapixel camera
We have the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5S for only 12 hours now and so far, we can’t tell the difference in terms of performance from the older Zenfone. For now, we have just updated all the Asus and other Google apps and we are now installing all our apps that we use everyday. We will be using the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5S as our daily driver for two weeks. Stay tuned for our full review. As of this writing, our friends from Asus said this smartphone is not yet available but will hit stores within this month.