Dell has been one of the longest-running laptop producers in the market. Most of us grew up knowing Inspiron as a household name. As part of the top 3 PC vendors, Dell is making sure that they are able to cater to different types of users. Hence, power users can go for the high performance XPS family, while regular consumers can go for the Inspiron series.
Last March 29 2016, Dell Philippines invited us to see their highly anticipated XPS 15 and Inspiron 11 3000 up close and personal. Jay Ranola from Dell initially started us off with his impression regarding these new products and the position of Dell in the Philippine Market.
Amit Mukherjee, Dell’s Senior Brand Manager, gave us a thorough explanation on both the XPS and Inspiron line as a whole. Upon checking the specifications of these laptops, we can definitely say that the new XPS 15 is indeed geared for those who need high performance device and at the same time mobile. The Inspiron 11 3000 geared towards the budget conscious users who would be using the system more for documents editing and browsing.
The XPS 15
Dubbed as the smallest 15-inch laptop on the planet, it’s definitely a stunner. Here’s why:
- Due to the success of Infinity Edge on the XPS 13, the new XPS 15 also carries the same screen setup. That means that the laptop features an edge-to-edge screen with minimal bezel. Due to this, even though XPS 15 has a 15.6 inches display, the form is actually closer to a 14-inch laptop.
- XPS 15 is only 11-17mm thin and only weight 1.78 kgs. It is definitely thin and light for a laptop on its size category.
- The top cover and base was made with precision using CNC machine to cut a single block of aluminium to its specifications. This would assure you of the durability and beauty of the device at the same time.
- It is also a pleasurable viewing experience thanks to its FHD display (1920×1080). Multimedia professionals will surely be delighted by its monitor since it utilizes the whole Adobe RBG spectrum which has a wider color gamut than its sRGB counterparts. This means that you can see more color tones /graduations or everything would look more saturated compared to other monitors.
Let us not discount the insides of this machine.
- It carries a 56 Whr built-in battery.
- It utilizes a 256GB PCIe SSD, a 6th generation (Skylake) Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quadcore processor, an 8GB (Dual channel 2133MHz) memory and NVIDIA GeForce®GTX 960 (2GB GDDR5).
- The laptop features the newly introduced Thunderbolt 3 port. By having this port, the users can connect 4K displays, charge and use external graphics systems.
Having all these specifications, partnered with its good looks, multimedia, business and gaming power, users will surely enjoy using this offer from Dell. Moreover, above mentioned setup may be adjusted based on your needs. To get this new XPS 15, you may visit the nearest Dell Concept stores and other authorized resellers nationwide with an SRP starting at PHP 84,990.
The Inspiron 11 3000
The Inspiron 11 3000 is a perfect entry level on-the-go laptop. It is the latest addition to the Inspiron line which also includes the midrange 5000 series and the top of the line 7000 series. Budget savvy users who do not have a need for processor and graphics intensive systems may opt for this series.
The Inspiron 11 3000 series caries a vibrant HD (1366×768) Anti-glare LED-Backlit display that would surely provide a bright and vibrant on-screen renders. Frequently mobile users also do not need to fret since it has a battery life of up to 10 hours. This laptop utilizes an Intel processor, a 500GB (5400 rpm) hard drive and up to 4 GB of RAM option. This laptop comes in three color options: Bali Blue, Alpine White and Tango Red.
SRP is PHP 13,990 and it is available at different Dell Concept Stores and authorized re-sellers nation wide.
Let us know what you think of these new offerings from Dell at the comment section below.
Words by Gian Ramirez & Yven Aldover | Photography by Yven Aldover