Vivo Eletronics is a Chinese smartphone maker founded in 2009. Although it has presence in China and India plus several Asian countries like Indonesia, Myanmar, Thailand and Malaysia. Vivo has not officially landed in the Philippines. But the company shocked the world today as it introduced its latest smartphone, the Vivo XPlay 5 Elite. Folks, meet the world’s first smartphone with more RAM than your laptop – 6GB RAM.
Other specs include a 5.43-inch display, quad core chipset, 16 megapixel camera and running Android 5.1 Lollipop.
Vivo Xplay 5 Elite:
- Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- Adreno 530 graphics
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage
- 5.45-inch Quad HD AMOLED display (1440 x 2560 pixels)
- Corning Gorlla Glass 4
- 16 megapixel rear facing Sony IMX 298 camera with Phase Detection Autofocus and dual LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,600 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Funtouch OS 2.5.1
The Vivo XPlay 5 Elite has toned down version called Vivo Xplay 5 with a different chipset and with 4GB of RAM. The Vivo Xplay 6 Elite has a price tag of CNY 4,288 or around P30,000. No word about its international availability.