Well, Gionee is not present at the MWC 2016 in Barcelona, Spain but they announced a new smartphone, the Gionee S8. The device is the one of the first smartphones powered by Mediatek’s new Helio P10 octa core processor. The Gionee S8 is a high end smartphone with 5.5-inch with 3D touch display, 16 megapixel camera, fingerprint scanner, and running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- 1.9GHz octa core Mediatek Helio P10 processor
- Mali T860MP2 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 200GB
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 4 with 3D touch technology
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with Phase Detection Autofocus, laser autofocus and LED flash (f/1.8 aperture)
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery with fast charge
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 2.2
The Gionee S8 has a price tag of 449 Euros and it will be available in March 2016.