After all the leaks, LG has finally made the LG G5 official. The 2016 flagship is the first smartphone with a modular design. It means you can swap parts of the device. You can remove the bottom part and put another one that is focused to a certain feature like the camera. The LG G5 can be transformed into a camera or Hi-Fi audio player through the modules that comes with it. LG will offer add ons accessories to third party manufacturers for the LG G5.
Another first on a smartphone is the Always On Display. This feature was first introduced with the LG V10‘s second display and now, it is now on the LG G5’s 5.3-inch display. It shows information like the battery, time and notifications consistently even the phone is on standby/sleep mode.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Adreno 530 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory expandable via microSD up to 2 TB (terabytes)
- 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS LCD display (1440 x 2560 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 16 megapixel + 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 2,800 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
The LG G5 will be available in April 2015.