Smartphones with metal chassis are normally found on high end smartphones. But when Oppo launched the Oppo R7 Lite together the high end R7 Plus, getting a premium build smartphone without the premium price is now possible. Our good friends from Oppo has sent us a review unit so let take it out of the box.
Oppo R7 Lite:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor (1.5GHz Quad Core Cortex A53 and 1GHz Quad Core Cortex A53)
- Adreno 405 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 5-inch HD AMOLED display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with Schneider-Kreuznach optics, autofocus and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,320 mAh battery
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Color OS 2.1
- SRP: P13,990
- Status: Available at Oppo stores and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- Oppo R7 Lite unit
- Wall adapter
- USB cable
- Soft Clear Case
- SIM card ejector
Upon taking the Oppo R7 Lite out of the box, there was a lot of awe. The device was just stunning! It reminds us of the Apple iPhone 6s only for a bit. But the R7 Lite has its own character. The plastic bands at the back is done differently compared to the iPhone. Those plastic bands at the back found at the camera area and down below the speaker are meant for the antennas to receive more signal.
Checking button and ports – Left: Power button. Right: Volume rockers and SIM card tray. Top: 3.5mm headset jack. Back: USB charging port.
All of Oppo’s smartphones have a heavily customized skin on top of Android called ColorOS. There are so many custom UI skins made by other Chinese brands but ColorOS is one of our favorite. It is fast, clean, and simple.
We will be using the Oppo R7 Lite. for two weeks as our daily driver. Full review will be out after. 🙂