For the longest time, BlackBerry has been making its own smartphones running BlackBerry OS. Sales continue to go down over the years and this year, the company has finally considered making smartphones running Google’s mobile OS – Android.
The company has just recently announced the BlackBerry Priv, their first smartphone running Android. Since its a BlackBerry, the device has a traditional physical QWERTY keyboard.
- Hexa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor (1.8GHz dual core Cortex A-57 and 1.44GHz quad core Cortex A-53)
- Adreno 418 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory, expandable via MicroSD up to 200GB
- 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED display (1440 x 2560 pixels)
- 18 megapixel rear facing camera with Schneider – Kreuznach optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus and dual LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,410 mAh battery
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
The BlackBerry Priv will hit stores next month. Are you buying one?