We were one of the lucky few to be have the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser which was locally announced this past weekend. This is one of the four new Zenfones from Asus. There are two variants of the Zenfone 2 Laser and what we have here is the bigger 5.5-inch model. Let’s unbox it!
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE550KL:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor
- Adreno 306 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 13 megapixel rear facing Toshiba camera with laser autofocus and dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 5 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with ZenUI
- SRP: P8,695
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- USB cable
- wall charger
- extra earbuds
Upon taking out the box, the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser looks like any other Zenfones we’ve seen. it looks a lot like the flagship Asus Zenfone 2. The only notable difference here is the laser autofocus found right beside the camera. We also find this phone lighter than its siblings.
Button placements – 3.5mm headset jack and power lock button on the top (we find the power button awkwardly placed there), nothing on the left and right side of the device, USB charging port at the bottom, and volume rockers, the camera, laser autofocus, the dual LED flash and speaker grill at the back.
Its a surprise to see the battery is removable which means you swap in a spare. Memory is also expandable up to 128GB. Both SIM card slots supports 4G/LTE as well.
We’ve excited to take this for a spin especially its camera. We also like to test the battery since it runs a different chipset and it not Intel’s. Full review in a week or two!