We were able to get a chance to get a short hands on with the Kata T Mini 2 months ago and now, our good friends from Kata Philippines has sent us a review unit with complete package. Let’s unbox it!
Kata T Mini 2
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT8382 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD
- 6.95-inch WSVGA IPS LCD display (1024 x 600 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and Corning Gorilla Glass cover lens
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM (Regular + Micro) and Dual Standby
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,600 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- USB cable
- USB OTG cable
HANDS ON EXPERIENCE:
We have here the gold version and we like it. In fact, we love it more than the dark blue version we first encountered. Its rounded corners makes it possible to comfortably hold it with one hand. But when using the device, it is best that you hold it with both hands.
Button and port placements – USB charging port on the top and 3.5mm headset jack on the top, power button and volume rockers on the right, 8 megapixel rear camera and speaker at the back and the 6.95-inch display, 5 megapixel front camera and sensors at the front.
If you noticed there’s an earpiece on the device and that’s because of its ability to take and make calls. Peeling off the top portion of the device at the back will reveal two SIM card slots and a microSD card slot. Battery is non removable here.
Overall, the device left us with good impressions. We really love this color variant. We’ll be using the Kata T Mini 2 as one of our daily drivers throughout the week as we test its capabilities. 🙂