This is indeed a week of announcements. Before the expected announcement of Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Xiaomi announced the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2. This is a high end phablet powered by Mediatek’s Helio X10 processor.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2:
- 2.0GHz Octa Core Mediatek Helio X10 processor
- PowerVR G6200 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, no expandable storage
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, Infrared Port
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- 3,060 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with MIUI 7
There are two variants – the one with TDD LTE + TD-SCDMA has a price tag of RMB 799 (around P5,600) and TDD-LTE + FDD-LTE has a price tag of RMB 899 (around P6,300).