Despite low demand for tablets, Samsung still launched the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 to the local market. It comes with two kinds – an 8-inch and 9.7-inch variants. These are the successors to last year’s high end Galaxy Tab S line up.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2:
- Octa Core Samsung Exynos 5433 processor (1.9GHz Quad Core + 1.3GHz Quad Core)
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 9.7-inch QXGA Super AMOLED display (1536 x 2048 pixels)
- 8-inch QXGA Super AMOLED display (1536 x 2048 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus
- Fingerprint scanner
- 2.1 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 4,000 mAh battery for the 8-inch model
- 5,870 mAh battery for the 9.1-inch model
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Samsung Touchwiz UI
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is priced at P24,990 for the 8-inch model while the 9.7-inch model has a price tag of P29,990. It will be available in stores starting August 22. And from that day till December 31, 2015 you’ll get a free book cover, a Smart SIM with free 5 hours of internet every month for six months, and a 3-month subscription to iFlix.