We had a few minutes with the MyPhone Infinity 2 at a MyPhone concept store. The Infinity 2 is the 2015 flagship smartphone from the proudly Pinoy smartphone brand.
MyPhone Infinity 2:
- 1.5GHz Octa Core Mediatek MT6752 64-bit processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5-inch HD AMOLED display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera with flash
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,450 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P12,799
- Status: Available on MyPhone stores and kiosks
This is simply a gorgeous looking smartphone. It looks even more awesome in gold! Flaunt it and it can match even other high end smartphones when it comes to looks. MyPhone also opted to use AMOLED display instead of a usual IPS panel. Colors are saturated and tends to be on the warm side.
During our short time with the device, we never encountered any lags or stutter. It has a custom UI over on top of Android 4.4 Kitkat. It looks good though we wish that the software could be updated to Android Lollipop soon.
Unfortunately, due to our limited time with the Infinity 2, we have not tested the camera nor took sample shots with it.
Will we recommend the MyPhone Infinity 2? YES! Hardware is great, display is outstanding and smooth performance. We only have two gripes – the price and outdated software. We do find the device a little pricey considering that international brands like Lenovo, Alcatel and Xiaomi can offer smartphones with the same specs at almost half the price.