Last week, we were able to have a short hands on with the Starmobile Knight Luxe when the local company decided to invite some few bloggers in a small gathering. Our friends from Starmobile gave us a retail unit for review. Let’s unbox this!
Starmobile Knight Luxe:
- 1.4GHz Octa Core Mediatek MT6592M processor
- Mali 450 MP4 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5 inch HD AMOLED display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing Samsung ISOCELL camera
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM (Regular + Micro), Dual Standby
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2.050 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P7,690
- Status: Available in Starmobile stores and kiosks
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- USB cable
- clear case
- two screen protectors
24-HOUR HANDS ON EXPERIENCE:
As we write this article, we had the the Knight Luxe for 24 hours now. We installed some few apps like our social media apps, Clash of Clans and the Antutu Benchmark. Let’s start of with the design. Three words to describe the phone – beautiful, elegant, sexy.
Because of its AMOLED display, expect the color saturation to be really high. The display has good viewing angles too. Performance is by far impressive as we have not encountered any lags or stutter. Running Clash of Clans is a breeze thanks to its Octa Core processor from Mediatek. But we will test more of the processor’s endurance as we do more stressful tasks and play graphic intense games for our review.
Battery has been decent. It lasted around a day on normal use. We will be doing heavy battery drain tests to further test its endurance. We are currently using the device as our daily driver. Full review will be our in a week or two. 🙂