We were invited by our friends from Starmobile for lunch and showed us their new smartphone offering, the Starmobile Knight Luxe. Since it is part of the Knight series, expect some really good specs and build quality. We were able to spend some time with the device and here’s our hands on.
Starmobile Knight Luxe:
- 1.4GHz Octa Core Mediatek MT6592M processor
- Mali 450 MP4 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5 inch HD AMOLED display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing Samsung ISOCELL camera
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM (Regular + Micro), Dual Standby
- 3G/HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2.050 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P7,690
- Status: Available in Starmobile stores and kiosks
Elegant! That was our first reaction when we first saw the Knight Luxe. The frame is made of metal making it really premium-looking. It looks more expensive than its SRP. At 6.85mm thin, the phone is very lightweight and easy to hold with one hand.
Starmobile opted the use of AMOLED panel as the choice for the display. As expected, the screen has rich and saturated colors. Viewing angles are good but we have not tested it outdoors.
We were able to test the 13 megapixel Samsung ISOCELL camera. We only took indoor shots and we were impressed with the quality. Here are some of the sample photos below:
It is quite early to give a verdict but we must say we were impressed with the phone’s performance and camera. Our only gripe though is the device is still on Android 4.4 Kitkat but our Starmobile friends told us they are working on an Android 5.0 Lollipop update. We will have a full review once we get our review unit.